HP3000-L Archives

April 2000, Week 2

From:
Danny Kitzmiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Danny Kitzmiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:33:43 GMT
We have a Series 960 that we are in the process of surplussing. We
have sensitive data on the drives. We want to get rid of the data on
all the drives.  It will boot up to the ISL prompt but at the
operator.sys logon it bombs out. It is not under a maintenace
contract. Does anyone know of a ISL command that would do a
destructive write to the disk drives? Is there a easy way to
physically "ruin" the disk drives? They are Eagles and Coyotes. I of
course prefer the detructive write idea which would keep the drives
intact.