HP3000-L Archives

April 2000, Week 2

From:
Karsten Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 13:54:27 -0500
Found this on the HP IT Resource center (by searching for "telnet patch").
It does refer to 5.5, but I remember from the 6.0 upgrade that this patch
had to be reapplied; although it may have been renamed.

Karsten Holland
NWS Corp
<><><><><><><><><><>

NETWORK: Remote telnet session hangs; apply PTDFD37
Current Path Home: MPE Software
Score
Document Type  EN
Date  1998 Oct 08
Description  NETWORK: Remote telnet session hangs; apply PTDFD37
Document Id  A5326345
Search String  TELNET patch

----

Problem Description

My remote telnet sessions are hanging, but local
sessions are not.

How can I resolve this problem?

Configuration Info

Operating System - MPE/iX
Version - 5.5
Hardware System - PA 3000
Series - 992

Solution

We recommend that you apply the following current
telnet patch to your system to resolve this issue:

      PTDFD37

Note: Patches may be superseded; be sure to load
      the most current version.