HP3000-L Archives

April 2000, Week 2

From:
Ken Paul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 16:59:45 -0600
On Fri, 7 Apr 2000 21:21:18 -0400 Tom <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Does Adager have a command to track DB Size history and predict when a
>dataset will fill up? I know that DBGeneral had this function. (I'm new
>on Adager).

Sorry, there is no command in Adager to track DB size history and predict
when a dataset will fill up.

<PLUG>

Adager has an additional tool called The Adager Console which can keep
historical information (in an IMAGE database, of course) about your
databases and with this information you can analyze growth trends of
datasets.  Feel free to check out our web site at:

http://www.adager.com/TechnicalPapersHTML/AdagerConsole.html

or

http://www.adager.com/TechnicalPapersPDF/AdagerConsole.pdf

I'm not aware of any function like this in DBGeneral but I'm sure that our
friends at Bradmark will let me know if I'm wrong.  I'm wondering if you are
thinking about Automatic Capacity Management.

Adager can do this in several ways.  In conjunction with MPEX with the
DBADGALT command or with a command file which was contributed by fellow
3000-L poster Paul H. Christidis (distributed as CapChang.Library.Rego) or
with The Adager Console product.

Let us know if you have any other questions by giving us a call or sending
your questions to [log in to unmask]

</PLUG>

I hope this helped,

|            r  |  Ken                             [log in to unmask]
|          e    |                           http://www.adager.com
|        g      |  Ken Paul                      Tel 208 726-9100
|      a        |  Customer Support              Fax 208 726-2822
|    d          |  Adager Corporation
|  A            |  Sun Valley, Idaho 83353-3000            U.S.A.