HP3000-L Archives

April 2000, Week 2

From:
Steve Dirickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Dirickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 15:02:20 -0700
> It's the number of times (or cycles) that the Memory Manager scans
all
> physical memory to find available pages, in a given unit of

OK, I'll ask the stupid question: why does the Memory Manager ever
need to "scan all physical memory to find available pages"? This is
the memory *Manager*, right? As in, the guy who owns the memory? The
one who controls it, services allocation requests, and otherwise
determines who gets what where and when? If that's the case, should we
be concerned that the "Memory Manager" has no idea where its memory
has gone? Inquiring minds want to know!

Steve Dirickson   WestWin Consulting
[log in to unmask]   (360) 598-6111