HP3000-L Archives

April 2000, Week 1

From:
Steve Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 15:42:18 -0400
In the Communicator for 6.0, HP stated that it would support (n and n-1)
releases of the OS (where n is the current major release).  The (n-2)
release would be supported for 6 months after the (n) release.   Power
Patches and Express Releases do not count as a major release.   If Dave's
statement "We are planning on ending support of MPE/iX Release 6.0 at the
end of 2001." is true then that implies that MPE/iX Release 7.0 must be
coming in June or HP is changing their OS support policy that they
standardized on with 6.0.

If true, this date will also have major implications for those customer's
planning to stay on 6.0 to maintain their CIO systems or HP-IB connected
devices.

Steve

Steve Cole
Outer Banks Solutions, Inc.