HP3000-L Archives

April 2000, Week 1

From:
Jeff Kubler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kubler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 13:08:13 -0400
Ron,
It sounds like you had a disk I/O bottleneck behind a CPU bottleneck.  Once
you solved the CPU bottleneck you ran into the disk I/O one.  There may yet
be steps you can take to optimize the disk I/O environment.  I hope that
your comments about steps you have already taken include optimizing your
IMAGE sets.  If not, this can be a big place to gain some efficiency.  I
would encourage you to run a HOWMESSY report and take a look at those sets
in the HEALTH database that you know are very busy (SERVICE?).  Then repack
or resize as needed.
Thanks,
Jeff Kubler
Kubler Consulting,Inc.