HP3000-L Archives

April 2000, Week 1

From:
Mike Hornsby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Hornsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:23:07 -0400
Juan writes:
>Can anyone recommend  products that enable HP3000 access over the internet?
We have many customers that use Minisoft's MS92, & Javelin, Reflection, and
I personally use QCTERM from home. We also use both WINPROXY and WINROUTE
for port mapping to our HP3000.

>Can any of these products circumvent the HP3000's logon process with a web
front end  logon >and then run block mode screens like Amisys? Is anybody
out there doing anything like this?
>If our goal is to make select portions of Amisys available to our users
over the Web, can >anyone comment on this approach vs. building web
frontends which handle the data via >ODBC?

We have a white paper and live demonstrations about this topic at
Beechglen.Com in the Weblications section. We and our customers have had
great success implementing high performance COBOL based CGI applications
that will accomplish what you are looking for.

BTW, our web site is completely HPe3000 powered!

Cordially,

Mike Hornsby
Co-founder/Chief Technical Officer
Beechglen Development Inc. (www.beechglen.com)