HP3000-L Archives

April 2000, Week 1

From:
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:25:52 -0400
 In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:

> We have a Reflection for HP 7.0 script that is used by about 300+ external
> customers to log into the local intranet and onto an HP3000, whose IP
> address and nodename is going to change, thus the need to update this script
> on the 300+ PC's being used. Is there a way to use host-initiated commands
> on the HP3000 side to overlay a script file WHILE IT IS BEING EXECUTED ON
> THE PC? I wrote a simple transfer script but it complains because the file
> being updated is in use by Reflection. We are trying to cut down on the time
> it would take to physically send out the new scripts via diskette to the
> suppliers.

I don't know of a way around the file-in-use problem, other than writing the
new script to another name, and adding some code to the user's autoexec.bat
or something that renames the new version in next time they reboot.

Of course, if you wanna be nasty, you could probably execute something from
the host that would cause the PC to reboot too... ;-)

     -Chris Bartram