HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 5

From:
Kevin Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:21:07 -0700
Ah, with a little help from Mark, I was able to do the following:

ln -s /usr/local/bin/gcc /usr/bin/cc
ln -s /usr/local/bin/gcc /usr/local/bin/cc

make clean

This creates links to the real compiler in both of the more common
areas.  The automatic scripts look in these loacations for the compiler,
and when it didn't find the compiler, it started looking for the
/etc/compiler.ccg file to tell it about the non-standard compiler.
After doing the above, the scripts found the compiler and all seems
well.  Now I'm off to fix the compile errors.....

Kevin