HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 5

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:24:05 EST
Joel asks:

> We have an HP 3000 927LX with a DTC connected to the 10base2 port for our
>  terminals.  Can I extend the cable between the machine and the DTC to
>  include, say, a hub to allow the LAN access to the server?

Yes, it's just that simple. I've included below a partial schematic of our
network that we use for training purposes. It's URL is:

     http://aics-research.com/qc/schema.html

The heavy black wire is a 10base2 (thinlan) backbone. The orange lines are
RJ45 wires emanating out from the hubs. The green wires are RS232 serial
connections to the DTCs. And the brown lines are analog telephone connections.

Wirt Atmar