HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 5

From:
Adam Dorritie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Dorritie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 13:52:48 -0800
Scott Gates says:

> I originally thought I could use DSCOPY and a REPEAT loop
> in MPEX like below, but the twist is that the filename are
> in the POSIX format instead of MPE.

Unfortunately, only files in the MPE namespace, with MPE names and
record types are supported by DSCOPY.  You'll have to look to FTP
instead to transfer your files.

From Chapter 5 of "Using NS3000/iX Network Services"
(found at
http://docs.hp.com:80/dynaweb/smpe/b1017/fix067/@Generic__BookView)

Following are NFT limitations:

1. NFT only works with filenames in the traditional MPE namespace. It
does not work with
filenames in the HFS (POSIX-compliant) namespace. NFT does not
recognize HFS directories
or filenames that contain slashes as directory delimiters. For
example, it will not work properly
with filenames such as "./FILEa," or "/usr/include/stdio.h".

2. NFT only works with traditional MPE record-oriented files; that is
files with fixed (F),
variable (V), or undefined (U) record types. It does not work with
files that have the
POSIX-compliant, bytestream (B) or directory (H) types.

Regards,

Adam Dorritie
Easy Does It Technologies
http://www.editcorp.com