HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 4

From:
Wayne Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:01:55 -0600
Here is some information excerpted from "HP 3000 APPLICATION NOTE #71" about
terminal cables.  Is more info is needed, I can send the entire Application
Note, but this appears to be the relevant part.

Cables For 25 Pin RS-232 ADCC And ATP Ports

A. For HP 262X terminals with 50 pin connectors

                 13222N
                 ------
     50 pin MALE        25 pin MALE

         7  --------------  24
         9  --------------  22
        12  --------------   2
        13  --------------   4
        14  --------------  20
        40  --------------  23
        48  --------------   7

B. For HP 262X, 239X, 700/9X and PC's with 25 pin connectors and all RS-232
   printers, the minimum cable pinout configuration is:

                 13242Y
                 ------
     25 pin MALE        25 pin MALE

         1  --------------  1
         2  --------------  2
         3  --------------  3
         7  --------------  7

                          NOTE

The 40242Y cable is the RFI version of the 13242Y cable.

These cables have more pins than the minimum required pinout configuration
however, they can be used for system to peripheral links also.

                 13242N
                 ------
     25 pin MALE        25 pin MALE

         1  --------------  1
         2  --------------  2
         3  --------------  3
         4  --------------  4
         5  --------------  5
         6  --------------  6
         7  --------------  7
         8  --------------  8
        11  -------------- 19
        12  -------------- 12
        15  -------------- 15
        17  -------------- 17

                               NOTE

There are other cables similar to the 13242N. These cables are:
13242M, 40242C, 40242M, 92219G and 92219S.

Larry Liska <[log in to unmask]> on 03/21/2000 10:48:15 PM

Please respond to Larry Liska <[log in to unmask]>