HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 4

From:
Charles Finley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:25:19 -0800
There are several solutions along the lines you raised.  One simple solution
is to use a line printer daemon like the one you get with the full version
of Reflection. Then configure a generic printer that prints to a file on the
Windows computer.  Next configure the printer server to print to your
disk-printer.  You need to make sure that you have some sort of network
printing enabled on the HP 3000.  (I'm not sure if the generic "free"
capability will allow this but I've done similar things with the product
from RAC.) After all of this is set up, you have a choice of printing
whatever you want to this "printer".  You can do it in real-time or you can
do it periodically at a time of your choosing.  It just acts like any other
printer.

Charles Finley
Transformix Computer Corporation
(310) 630-1773