HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 4

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 19:36:39 +0100
Skipping #1.

#2 All ODBC access is Read Only here.
It is set globally in the MSJOB,MGR.MINISOFT,MM job.

#3 Anyone who has access to the system can use ODBC,
provided they have the Client side.

#4 If a users already has Minisoft's ODBC installed,
all I do is e-mail the latest 3kodbc.dll and tell them
to put it in their C:?Windows?System? subdirectory.
I then wait for a time when no one is accessing the
ODBCSRVR.MM.MINISOFT kill the MSJOB, and upload
the host file.*  (If users start complaining it their
ODBC doesn't work, I ask them if they replaced the
.dll I sent them.  This usually does the trick.
Although there was one time when their latest ODBC
was out of whack with Omnidex's TPI, and it took
Minisoft a few days to figure it out.**)

* I think the latest iterations replace the file
without killing the MSJOB.

**  There's something ODBC doesn't like about
array fields in Turbo/Image, it has something to do
with "subscripted arrays" which is not a SQL standard,
(I think.)

Tracy M. Johnson
TRW Automotive Electronics
Sensors & Components