HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 4

From:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:45:43 -0800
Some of you might recall that I had stupidly purged the [log in to unmask] groups on
my 925.  This allowed the system to boot, but it displays many warnings and
can't run the CI or logon, so it's effectively dead.

I went to my 957 and made an SLT tape from the CONFG925 group and inserted
it into the 925 and booted the system.  I figured I would do an UPDATE
CONFIG based on the information I got from this list.  I told the system to
boot from the alternate boot path and I immediatly got the following:

Booting.

Boot path failed.
-Error in IODC ENTRY_IO call.

STATUS returned from IODC = -4

INFORMATION returned from IODC:

then a 4 by 8 grid of hex numbers displays and I get the "Enter boot path,
command, or ?> " and it eventually starts to autoboot from the primary path.

HELP!

Thanks,
shawn