HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 4

From:
Steve Dirickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Dirickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 13:16:12 -0800
> working again.  How can I limit which nodes are added to the
> forwarding
> table (to DTCs and 3000s only as we do not have 2048 so PCs
> and printers are
> certainly getting in there)?  If that is not possible, can I
> script the
> tables to flush nightly/weekly (how?)?

Definitely sounds like a question for Nortel/Bay.

> 2. Is it possible to filter the traffic crossing the bridges
> to DTC/HP3000
> only?  What criteria do I use?  The DTCs download from the
> HP3000s, not a
> local HPOV station.

I don't think so. I remember posting a reply on this topic a while
back (which I can't seem to find) quoting someone at 3Com or Cisco or
somewhere. The question was about distinguishing AFCP packets from
other HP traffic, and the answer was that it didn't work. Check the
hp3000-l archives. I think it was within the last year or so.

Steve Dirickson   WestWin Consulting
[log in to unmask]   (360) 598-6111