HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 3

From:
Frank Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 03:07:47 -0500
Marti,

   My last company used HP's "Window's Clients" quite extensively
before we switched from a Novell servers (which I believe were
required to support the windows clients) to NT servers (which
provided no support for the WC's).  I haven't seen anything about
these devices for 2-3 years.  I used a WC for 4-5 months before
being issued an HP OmniBook PC.  I came to the conclusion that
in the right situation a WC would have been a good replacement for
a PC.  My job duties however required a laptop/notebook and I was
happy the day that my WC was replaced.  Still there were/are still
uses for that type of system.

If you have further questions, feel free to contact me offline.