HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 3

From:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul H Christidis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:49:00 -0800
I've tried to keep SLEEPER backward compatible with MPE/V.   Some years ago I
could verify that since I had access to both MPE/iX and MPE/V machines but not
any more.

While the run modules should work just fine the command files for
starting/stopping the batch job and for converting the old schedule to the new
format will not work on the MPE/V machine.

The latest version (8.61) can be picked up from:
     <http://www.editcorp.com/editcorp/products/Free-Shareware.html>

Regards
Paul Christidis
(310) 513-5808

Jim,

There is no patch for this problem. The workaround you devised is the only way,
short of writing your own scheduler that streams jobs at the correct date and
time, bypassing the scheduling functions of the STREAM command. I don't know if
Paul Christidis' Y2K compliant SLEEPER will run under MPE/V or not. It is still
a CM program so it might. Perhaps Paul can comment on this.

FWIW, if your customers keep their Classic systems through the end of the year
the stream command will function correctly in 2001 :-)

HTH.

Doug.

Doug Werth                             Beechglen Development Inc.
[log in to unmask]                               Cincinnati, Ohio