HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 3

From:
"Newton, Tony" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Newton, Tony
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 14:54:39 -0800
Hello Jeff,

Well, my job executes a command file and if that command file realizes that
it is not inside of MPEX then it then executes itself again, this time
inside of MPEX.  Ie:
======================================== CMDFILE.CMD.SYS
parm p1="0" p2="0"

setjcw insidempex=0
if insidempex=0 then
  xeq mpex.pub.vesoft;info="%many \xeq cmdfile.cmd.sys !p1 !p2 \exit"
else
  PROCESS THE REST OF THE COMMAND FILE
  SETVAR GLOBAL TRUE
endif
The second time through, insidempex will be 1 and then the rest of the
command file will execute.  This is where the "global" variable is set.
Once the command file dies the variable has already been set and the job
should be able to see it until such a time as it dies.
Does this seem accurate so far?
____
Tony Newton  |  [log in to unmask]
HP Systems Admin  |  (503) 574-5831