HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 3

From:
"James B. Byrne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James B. Byrne
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:55:07 -0500
On 21 Mar 00, at 9:14, mcwilliams.com.au wrote:

> I am sick of printing reports from the HP3000 to printers and wish to
> find a product which will allow users to access reports on the HP3000
> and be able to view them and print them if needed.

We use Monarch from Datawatch (http://www.datawatch.com/ and have
been doing so since about 1993 or so.  We hardly print anything
besides daily exception / task reports, government forms, and cheques
any more. Any of our financial stuff that isn't served by our
internal apache web server (hp3000) is down-loaded direct from the
spool file to the PC's in accounting and viewed through Monarch.

Monarch supports a variety of drill and format commands so that the
end users of reports can make minor changes or filter data to suit
their specific need without having recourse to IT for an "enhancement
/ change".

Regards,
Jim
---
James B. Byrne                Harte & Lyne Limited
vox: +1 905 561 1241          9 Brockley Drive
fax: +1 905 561 0757          Hamilton, Ontario
mailto:[log in to unmask]  Canada L8E 3C3