HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 3

From:
Barry Durand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barry Durand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:58:53 -0800
While this may be a bit overkill for your use, I would recommend
VISTA from Quest Software.  It can be used on both terminals and PC's
using a terminal emulator (there may be a straight window's option,
bypassing the HP altogether but I am not sure).

Anyway, we used it at the last job I was at and I was quite pleased.
Fairly easy for end users to use.  They can select a spool file, view
it on the screen, print certain pages or any number of things.

You can check out their web page at:
www.quest.com

Hope this helps,

Barry Durand

On 21 Mar 00, at 9:14, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am sick of printing reports from the HP3000 to printers and wish to
> find a product which will allow users to access reports on the HP3000 and
> be able to view them and print them if needed.
>
> I looked at a product called REVEAL a couple of years ago and was not
> that impressed. If anyone out there can give me some alternatives I would
> be appreciative
>
> A system that has a windows based viewed would be the ideal.
>
> Than You
>
> Colin Berg

Barry Durand           [log in to unmask]
Allegro Consultants    408.252.2330
Opinions are mine, not my employer's