HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 3

From:
Andreas Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:31:04 +0100
Gary,

don't worry about: in ORDERING an HP3000, you MUST go for an internal disk and a
DDS drive. This is needed for HP's internal verification process during the
delivering I was informed. Now I had heard that this ORDER restriction has
changed. Anyhow, it's a good idea to have an internal DDS for S/W updates,
patches, ...

I'm currently in the process to order a new HP3000, and I must change the
pre-config (the internal is LDEV1) to the final one (external Nike serves LDEV1)
during the site installation process. The internal will become the dump2disk
device.

Best regards, Andreas Schmidt, CSC, Germany

[log in to unmask] on 17/03/2000 08:51:59 PM

Please respond to [log in to unmask]