HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 3

From:
Jeff Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 13:57:26 -0700
At  12:46 PM 3/19/00, Edgardo S. Herrera wrote:
>Anyone know how to convert my negatives into positive pictures? I have a
>HP ScanJet6200c Flat Bed Scanner, and I always want to do this but I never
>could do it. Some one with the expertise necessary can give me a hand?

Phil Anthony made some good suggestions, but he left off a couple of
obvious ones.

If the volume of images you need to do this with is low enough it would be
simplest and cheapest to simply have the negatives converted to digital
images by someone else (many photo shops can do that now) or have prints
made of the negative and scan those.  Depending on the digital resolution
needed and the quality of the scanner used, the positive prints may not
need to be much larger than the negative to provide excellent results.  :)
--
Jeff Woods
[log in to unmask] (preferred)