HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 1

From:
paul courry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
paul courry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 06:42:41 -0800
Be advised that HP itself has issued various revisions of the
C2490AM firmware for various products.  Case in point are the
Cascade disc arrays. The use the C2490AM mechanism, but the electronics
on the bottom of the drive must be replaced with a version tailored
to the Cascade array. These drives will work in a Cascade array,
but not in any other kind of enclosure or product. (Case of burnt
fingers here) :(

Check with HP. This type of info may not be available from first-line
support and require escalation.

Paul Courry