HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 1

From:
Boris Kortiak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Boris Kortiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 16:09:07 -0500
Which reminds me of a story.

Ivan Ivanovich was walking along the road home from work with his friend Peotr Petrovich  and Igor Igorovich when he spied a 10 ruble note in the gutter (back when it was real money).

IVAN:  Look what I found!  What shall we do with this money?
PEOTR: Lets go buy 3 bottles of vodka, use the change to buy some food, and have a party.
IGOR: Lets buy 3 bottles of vodka, use the change to get some women, and have a party.
IVAN: I don't know.  I think we should gives thanks for this gift and give the money to the church.

They debated the issue for awhile as they walked when inspiration struck Ivan Ivanovich.

IVAN: I know, we shall flip a coin.
PEOTR: Flip a coin?  How will that help.
IVAN: If it lands heads, we will do as you suggested.  If it lands tails, we will do as Igor suggested.  If it lands on edge, we will give the money to the church.

Hmmm.  Seems to lose a little in the translation.

>>> David Gale <[log in to unmask]> 02/29/00 05:37PM >>>
<snip>
Somedays, with my luck, it would land on edge.