HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 1

From:
Jeanette Nutsford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeanette Nutsford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 03:10:47 +1300
From: Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>

>Hi Jeanette :)
>   Long time no hear ... good to see you post again :)

Thanks for the welcome Art :-)

>   The problem with alot of "Interex Hosted" things are that non-
members
>can't get at 'em :(  and there are non-Interex members that want to do
>things like learn COBOL and Samba :)
>
>   We need a site such as the one you described that can be accessed by
>everyone... :)

The Interex web site is available to everyone therefore the COBOL web pages
are also available to everyone. You can also get to the COBOL pages via the
links on 3kworld.com.

>   As for COBOL questions on the 3000-L... I *definitely* want to see any
>subject relating to HP computers on here... because I don't have time to
>monitor umpteen lists :(  but want to see what is up... even if it is only
>code examples for how to win at "Let's Make a Deal" hehehe...

The COBOL list is an email list. You do not have to monitor it. Any messages
are automatically reflected as email messages to everyone who is subscribed.
There should not be any extra work for you once you have subscribed to the
COBOL list. In fact you are missing most of the COBOL discussions as they
are not held on the HP3000-L but on the COBOL list.

The COBOL list is also available to everyone. You do not have to be an
Interex member, although we would like to encourage you to join the user
group of course :-)

Regards,

Jeanette Nutsford
SIGCOBOL Chairman