HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 1

Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 20:42:39 -0500
I think there's an undocumented Image DBOPEN mode that allows you to use
a List construct that returns an entire Media entry. I think the mode is
-1 and the List Item is "?;" or "!;" but I am not certain. You have to
have SM capability. It also allows you to remove the media entry. You
have to be exceedingly careful because it does not update the Delete
chain and does not roll in Secondaries. I remember experimenting with a
small personal DB using DBDRIVER.PUB.SYS.