HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 1

From:
Dennis Heidner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis Heidner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 20:04:58 GMT
It depends.

1. If the power supplies are hot swappable and with a redundant unit and
the drives never went offline - then you only needed to swap the failed
supply.

2. If the power supply is not redundant, but hot swappable, you can
replace it and use the REPLACEMIRRVOL command to rebuild the mirrors.

3. If the supply is not swappable, the you shut the machine down,
replace the power supply and I believe the mirror will be rebuilt on the
way up.  Mirroring should detect that a volume was not properly closed
with a "good housekeeping seal".  It then looks at the drives to
determine which side of the mirror is current and correct.

You mentioned that you tried to VSCLOSE the drive and it was in a
pending state... did you do a :RECALL first and acknowledge and messages
about mirrors breaking?  If there was a request for the drives pending
at the console... it may have kept the VSCLOSE from completing.

The VSCLOSE should not have been necessary though...