HP3000-L Archives

March 2000, Week 1

From:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 15:01:44 -0500
Barry Lake <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> >Does anybody know/remember how to disable the END OF PROGRAM message when
> >exiting MPEX? I.e..
> >
> >SYS/PUB:mpex
> >MON, MAR  6, 2000, 11:20 AM
> >
> >MPEX/3000  27N81128  (c) VESOFT Inc, 1980  5.5  04:02791  For help type
> >'HELP'
> >
> >%exit
> >
> >END OF PROGRAM
> >SYS/PUB:
>

> This information applies to any MPE program, not just VESoft's MPEX. If
you
> explictly run the program, as in
>
>    :run myprog.pub.myacct
>
> then you will see "END OF PROGRAM" when the program terminates. However if
> you execute the program implicitly, as in
>
>    :myprog.pub.myacct
>
> then you won't see "END OF PROGRAM".

Chances are that MPEX is a UDC that is really running MAIN.PUB.VESOFT with
the MPEX entry point like this:

    :run main.pub.vesoft,mpex

Unfortunately, neither the implied run command nor :XEQ, the two options for
suppressing the "END OF PROGRAM" message, supports alternate entry points.
But you should be able to change your udc to ":MPEX.PUB.VESOFT" to run MPEX
directly rather than as a son process of MAIN.PUB.VESOFT and it will
suppress the END OF PROGRAM message just as Barry said.

There may be ramifications of running MPEX directly. I am no expert on MPEX
so I can't comment on that. Perhaps someone else can fill any potential
problems with running MPEX standalone in that manner.

Doug.

Doug Werth                             Beechglen Development Inc.
[log in to unmask]                               Cincinnati, Ohio