HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 5

From:
Peter Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 16:03:26 -0800
Hi,

If you use the Quiz and the ODBC/32, use the QUIZ subfile can be directly
attached into the 3k2XLWIZ (MS Access/97). press "F11" key in the menu, create new table link with Quiz subfile, (select an Items, creteria and sort) then Click the Excel button, It will generate new Excel file for you.

Please e-mail for me for more detail.

Peter Chong
Sr. ERP/MRP Analyst.
L3 Communications
714.956.9200 x 363
http://www.powerparagon.com

>>> FONTAIC <[log in to unmask]> 02/29/00 01:37PM >>>
I am creating an ASCII data file on the HP for use in a PC based program.  The
file needs to contain several records of varying length with a carriage return
marking the end of each record.  For example record number 1 needs to have 80
bytes worth of data with a CR at position 81.  Record number 2 needs to have
249 bytes of data with a carriage return at position 250.

I am using Quiz to create the data file and Reflection to transfer the file to
my PC.  The file appears to look OK on the HP but the application on the PC
complains about the record length.  Is there a way to handle this, perhaps some
obscure reflection file transfer settings that I am not aware of?

Thanks