HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 4

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:59:31 EST
Richard writes:

> I appreciate Wirt sharing his design thinking about this.
>
>  My thought is that the major issue is with a word or fragment of a line,
>  where you may be building a complete line.  This is where the return
>  isn't (or may not be) appreciated.
>
>  For a multi-line paste, the added <return> is welcome in the context
>  of transmitting to the host.

I should have added perhaps just a few more lines to my previous posting. If
I had, they would have been:

When in local edit mode in QCTerm, think word processor behavior (paste in
insert mode, no CR's added). When in remote mode, actively interacting with a
host, think terminal behavior (CR's added).

Use the line modify key (F1) to choose which behavior you want at any moment
in your editing process.

Wirt Atmar