HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 4

From:
Jason Goertz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason Goertz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 19:49:45 GMT
We are looking for someone to join our Backup+/iX
development team. This is exciting, interesting, and
challenging work with a career path to Systems
Software Engineer.

Backup+/iX is high end, richly featured, high
performance software. Initially, your job will be to help
design and then to code utilities for our Quality
Assurance system. These utilities range from small
"business application-like" programs and Image data
base applications to more sophisticated,
"systems-like" utilities. They range from easy and
quick to extremely interesting and more difficult.

You need to have excellent skills in using MPE/iX
Pascal for business applications. For the
"systems-like" utilities, our Systems Software
Engineers will provide you with the information you
need to code esoteric portions. Of course it would also
help if you know how to use our software, Backup+/iX,
but that is not required.

In the future, if you are able and willing, you can
advance into the position of systems programmer and
work on the Backup+/iX product itself, a challenging
and even more rewarding position. We will provide
training for this step.

ORBiT is a small, international company; every
employee is a key employee and absolutely critical to
its success, so we make sure everyone gets the
support they need. We have a friendly, casual-dress,
smoke-free workplace in San Rafael. Telecommuting
is available for this position. We offer competitive
salaries and liberal vacation and health care benefits.

If you are interested, check out http://www.orbitsw.com/USA/jobs.html.