HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 4

From:
"Jason T. Miller" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason T. Miller
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 13:43:24 -0500
I just acquired a Micro/3000 running MPE/V. The system seems to include
SPL, COBOL, and BASIC compilers, along with the FOS, and a whole bunch
of vertical market demo stuff which I've STORE'd and PURGE'd. Along with
the machine came several terminals and about a dozen manuals. However,
the only programming documentation included is COBOLII, and I don't
really like COBOL. Furthermore, I can't seem to get the terminals up and
running (though the console works like a champ); I'd also like to set up
a serial link with a Linux machine; there is nothing in any of the
manuals related to terminals and serial communications. My question is,
I know HP has put PDFs of all the MPE/iX manuals on the WWW; is there
any way to acquire electronic copies of older MPE manuals, either via
the Internet or on CD-ROM for a nominal fee?

Also, how can I go about upgrading my system to the 3P release of MPE/V
(YNOT2K)? This machine is for personal use only, read: to play around
with, although I have it set up at work.

Finally, any pointers to good "vintage" 3K info around the Web would be
appreciated.

Jason T. Miller