HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 4

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:48:06 -0800
Re:
> Rather than the new checkbox(es), why not just issue a few commands to
> remap the keyboard to the functions you want? I did this back on version

Because it takes longer to change state via this method.

Plus, I would then have two keyboard maps to keep track of (standard
and modified) ... so if I make future mods (for other things)
I'd have to remember to update both keyboard maps.

Additionally, in my case I had a better solution:

   I don't use Reflection (R1), Minisoft, QCTerm, Zebra
   for the majority of my work.

   I run X-Windows on my PC (Reflection X), connected to a CDE desktop
   on an HP 9000.  From there, I use hpterm and vt3k to my HP 3000s.

   The cut/paste of X-Windows is sooooooo much easier than Windows or Mac,
   it's astounding!

OTOH, that means I'm running the worlds *worst* HP terminal emulator: hpterm.
Boy, does it stink! :)  One of these days, I may look at the freevt3k / xhpterm
at Telamon more closely!

SS

Stan Sieler                                           [log in to unmask]
www.allegro.com/sieler/wanted/index.html          www.allegro.com/sieler