HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 4

From:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 13:59:18 -0800
"Johnson, Tracy" wrote:

> I mentioned this 6 months ago and someone said
> that it "couldn't be done" to make the HP-IB drivers
> sit stand alone on the HP3000.  On this list too.
> Just physically impossible.

ok -- *personally* i agree with tracy's (and many others including hp)
assessment that releasing the hp-ib drivers is not really the answer.  *but*
as the chair of sig sysman -- i can't make this decision from my ivory tower
:-)

so -- please tell me -- do you want this issue surrounding the hp-ib drivers
on the system improvement ballot?

send me *private* email.  i'll count up the responses and let everyone know
the results.  because i'm dealing with a deadline for getting the ballot items
resolved, i'll only consider emails received by midnight (pacific time) on
monday the 28th.  vote early but don't vote often :-)              - d

--
Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer