HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 4

From:
Reid Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Reid Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:25:24 -0800
Stan Sieler wrote:
> Control-X is the killer.  You generally *DON'T* really want to "cut" in
> Reflection (with MPE), but you often have to do "line delete"...which is
> what control-X triggers!

Arghh!  You're right of course.  After checking the checkbox, you can
either:
    (1) Execute the RCL command: "KEYMAP CTRL+X TO DEFAULT"
    (2) Go to Setup, Keyboard Map, Select Ctrl+x on the PC keyboard, click
remove, Click OK
These solutions work because the checkbox does not add any new settings to
Reflection.  It is just an easy shortcut to remapping the 6 affected keys.
After unmapping ctrl-x, you'll see the checkbox in Terminal Setup/Keyboard
is now gray instead of black, indicating only some of the mappings are
active.

> How about a new check box:
>
>    [ ] Standard File and Edit shortcuts (control-C, etc)
>        [ ] treat control-X as data, not as <Cut> (i.e., transmit it)

I've got a slight different idea:  Create 2 new functions called SmartCopy
and SmartCut which would allow the Ctrl-c and Ctrl-x to behave normally when
no text is selected.  That would eliminate having an extra checkbox.  What
do you think?

-Reid
WRQ, Inc