HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 4

From:
Reid Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Reid Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:04:38 -0800
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> John Burke wrote:
>> One of the things that has always annoyed me about Reflection is its lack
of
>> support for ctrl-c/ctrl-v; though other than that, its copy/cut and paste
>> behavior is consistent with other applications. Please do not add yet

> Reflection is, first and foremost, a terminal emulator.
> It darn well *has* to transmit that control-C / control-V to the
> host computer.  You'd be more than a little annoyed if you were
> trying to interrupt an HP-UX process with control-C if Reflection
> simply copied the current selection into the paste buffer!
> Thus, Reflection had to implement a non-transmitting key solution.

We at WRQ (meaning I, in this case) added support for Control-C/Control-V in
the latest patch (you can download it for free at www.wrq.com) for the 7.0
version of Reflection.  The patch has been available since sometime in the
first half of last year.

In Terminal Setup on the keyboard panel there's now a checkbox called:
    [  ] Standard File and Edit Menu shortcuts (use Ctrl+C for Copy, etc)
It is unchecked by default, meaning Reflection treats these characters as
the terminal does, for the reasons Stan nicely stated above.  When checked,
it remaps Ctrl+A,C,O,P,V,X to the standard Windows functions.

Of course you've always been able to use keyboard remapping to do this
manually, but the checkbox makes it much easier.

-Reid
WRQ, Inc.