HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 3

From:
Peter Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Chong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:07:20 -0800
Hi, Tom

This is just my opinion...

I had a same dilema about 10 Years ago, the HP3K tools are not fast enough
to develope and deploy to a typical PC user..

So, I am looking for an alternative solution on the HP3K...
During this research, I found out an ODBC connection from the Microsoft
and MS Access.

Why M$? a price/performance is excellent and the company is strong
and they listen to user's need.(not like jonny too late).

Also, the Minisoft makes an excellent ODBC/32 driver for the HP3k

Combine those two software. I get most of the HPe3k.

Cheers

Peter Chong
Sr. ERP/MRP Analyst.
L3 Communications
714.956.9200 x 363
http://www.powerparagon.com

>>> Tom Frazier <[log in to unmask]> 02/17/00 05:49AM >>>
A few days ago, I posted a question concerning Cognos' Axiant product.
Due to the underwhelming responses, I must assume there is a very small
user community.  So, how about Speedware?

My client is looking for a development platform with 4-GL type
development tools, but with a modern GUI user presentation.

Have any successs stories (or horror stories) on converting a large
manufacting environment to Speedware?

Are there other possible solutions?

Thanks all,

-Tom Frazier-