HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 3

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:28:08 +0000
Quick and dirty method:

Manufacture an eavesdrop cable and hook it up as follows:

CPU (DB-25)      PC with Reflection       Modem
PIN           (Logging Bottom to Disc)    (DB-25)
                   PIN (DB-25)             PIN
2 ------------------- 3 ------------------- 2
3 ------------------- 2 ------------------- 3
7 --------------------7 ------------------- 7
All other modem pinouts:
x ----------------------------------------- x

Dump your disc output to the Auditors frequently.

The above was tested in 1986 with using an
HP2382A (father of HP150) terminal to screen
only (the HP2382 had no printer port.  I might
be hazy on the pinouts, trial and error should
fix it.

This would be a good use for old x86 PCs you
haven't been able to get rid of.  Or if you're
short on space you can stack old laptops with the
cover opened all the way flat.  Or find some old
"Brick" PCs without a monitor.

Instead of Reflection you may substitute Minisoft/92
for les$ or QCTerm for free.

Even better, if you can find some old Kaypro's you
could substitue CP/M to receive input on the
serial port.

Tracy M. Johnson
TRW Automotive Electronics
Sensors & Components