HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 3

From:
"Girard, Frank" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Girard, Frank
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 11:28:44 -0500
This sounds veriy similar to what I am experiancing here at J. Baker. We
just added 2 additional NIC's for WebOrder, a Smith Gardner package, and
since the cards have been installed, 1 week now. I have noticed a cylic
delay about every 5 seconds or so, while logging in, viewing spool files
etc.  This is a 60 user system.  I was asked by our PCLAN group to set up
the cards as full duplex instead of half, their reason - faster.  I would be
very interested in responses about this.  We are also using a package from
LUND that tracks system performance, SOSmon.  The system is a 3000 928-020,
with a sixty user licence.

Thanks in advance

Frank Girard