HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 3

From:
Tom Madigan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Madigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 16:38:14 -0500
I am trying to print a bit-mapped image on a LaserJet 5si using the HP3K spooler.  So far, I've printed out a forest of very interesting characters, but nothing that's even close to what I intended.

I "printed" the image using BillWare with the output redirected to a file rather than the 5si, uploaded the file to the 3K as a pure bytestream file and FCOPYed the print file to a spooled printer.

When I inspect the file both on the PC and on the 3K, it appears to start with the correct PCL instructions, but it then tails off into something unimaginable.  Any PCL or printer gurus out there care to take a stab at this one??  Thanks...and have a great weekend!! ;)

Tom Madigan,
HP Systems Manager
International Communications Research, Inc.
605 West State St.
Media, PA 19063-2620
Voice/voice mail:  (610) 565-9280 ext. 450
Facsimile:         (610) 565-2369
Email:             [log in to unmask]

"The opinions expressed in this email posting are strictly those of the author and are presented for discussion purposes only.  They should not be taken as any official communication of International Communications Research, Inc., its affiliates, partners, or parent company."