HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 3

From:
John Backus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Backus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 13:42:04 -0500
Donna Garverick wrote:
> <rant on> *of course* buldjob2 will *only* work if you have pascal
installed on
> your system! <rant off>

And so I had thought too.  I puzzled over this and presented the buildjob2
output to Doug Werth who pointed out that not all versions of BULDACCT
output the Pascal code.  Doug determined that all the Pascal code was doing
was to make sure that the various setcatalog jobs that are spawned, get
fired off singly, one after the other,  waiting for the previous one to
finish.  So, if you set your system job limit to 1 and stream buldjob2 so
that these jobs get run one at a time,  you can achieve the Pascal code's
intended purpose.  The Pascal code will barf out errors if you do not have
Pascal, but since buldjob2 has SETVAR HPAUTOCONT TRUE in it, the job should
finish.

John Backus
Beechglen Development, Inc
www.beechglen.com