HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 3

From:
Curt Brimacomb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:21:20 -0700
Hello all,

Yes, I did check the archives before sending this e-mail.

I have samba1.9.16p9 installed on a 928 with mpeix 6.0 pp1.  I found that to
be able to write to the share on an account called TEMP (user.map has me
logged into mgr.temp), I had to add PM and SM to mgr.samba user and account
to be able to copy files to it.  Is this right?  Seems like overkill and a
security risk.

Also, when I copy files to the share, some files will copy and others will
not.  For example, user.txt will but screensaver.scr will not.  Any idea
why?

TIA

Curt Brimacomb
www.idahocomputer.net