HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 3

From:
Tom Hula <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:22:36 -0500
I really had no idea I was working with such a dinosaur. . .

For some reason, the HP running and continuing to be improved
over the decades somehow comes out as a liability in the press.
Only the latest and newest is worthwhile (depending on how long
it stays up and runs, that is).  This subject has been talked into the
ground on several occasions, but how can something that rarely
crashes (Our 927 has never failed even once) and has a stable
operating system that allows for running older software as well
as (more or less) leading edge software be a liability?
        Tom Hula