HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 2

From:
Barry Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barry Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 12:59:19 -0800
At 3:44 PM -0500 2/9/00, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>This there a difference between sessions and jobs
>in the scope of session variables set by a command file?
>I have a command file which upon execution sets a session
>variable.  If I run the command in a session I can reference
>the variable but not so in a job.

The "scope" of variables is the same for jobs and sessions.

>Example using SHOWACC command file:
>
>in a session...
>:FILE SACMSGF;REC=-100,,F,ASCII
>:ECHO HPDATEF HPTIMEF > *SACMSGF
>:ECHO These were accessing primary databases >> *SACMSGF
>:CONTINUE
>:SHOWACC FINDB >> *SACMSGF
>:SHOWVAR SHOW@
>SHOWACC = 349
>
>in a job...
>48 :FILE SACMSGF;REC=-100,,F,ASCII
>49 :ECHO !HPDATEF !HPTIMEF > *SACMSGF
>50 :ECHO These were accessing primary databases >> *SACMSGF
>51 :CONTINUE
>52 :SHOWACC FINDB >> *SACMSGF
>53 :SHOWVAR SHOW@
>54         ^
>55 No match found for this variable set. (CIWARN 8116)

How are you logged on when you do this interactively? How does the job log
on when it does it? Is there a difference between your logon UDC and the
job's? What is the SHOWACC command doing? How is the SHOWACC variable
supposed to be created? We need to know these things before we can help.

Barry Lake                                 [log in to unmask]
Allegro Consultants, Inc.                  www.allegro.com
(408)252-2330