HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 2

From:
Chip Dorman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chip Dorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 15:44:07 -0500
I looked in Raven but couldn't find any mention so please
pardon if this has been answered before.

This there a difference between sessions and jobs
in the scope of session variables set by a command file?
I have a command file which upon execution sets a session
variable.  If I run the command in a session I can reference
the variable but not so in a job.

Example using SHOWACC command file:

in a session...
:FILE SACMSGF;REC=-100,,F,ASCII
:ECHO HPDATEF HPTIMEF > *SACMSGF
:ECHO These were accessing primary databases >> *SACMSGF
:CONTINUE
:SHOWACC FINDB >> *SACMSGF
:SHOWVAR SHOW@
SHOWACC = 349

in a job...
48 :FILE SACMSGF;REC=-100,,F,ASCII
49 :ECHO !HPDATEF !HPTIMEF > *SACMSGF
50 :ECHO These were accessing primary databases >> *SACMSGF
51 :CONTINUE
52 :SHOWACC FINDB >> *SACMSGF
53 :SHOWVAR SHOW@
54         ^
55 No match found for this variable set. (CIWARN 8116)

Kinda looks like there is a difference.  Tell me it ain't so...

Chip Dorman
Greenfield Industries