HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 2

From:
Steve Dirickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Dirickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 02:48:57 -0800
I'd like to see a small addition to the subject paper, available on the jazz
server at
  http://jazz.external.hp.com/papers/
a little over halfway down the page.

If you open the HTML version in a browser, the insertion point is about 40%
of the way down. If you open the .DOC version in Word, it's after the
paragraph that starts on page 5 of section 2 and ends at the top of the next
page. If you open the .SAM file in AmiPro, you're *way* past due for a
software update.

Existing text:
"....The DATA=Data_Length option of the SYSTEM statement and the ACI
data_length parameter differ in how they are declared. The DATA=Data_Length
is declared in 16-bit words; the data_length parameter is declared in
bytes."

Insert new paragraph:
"Due to differences in heap management, a C program calling a Transact
routine using the ACI must allocate the data register space to be used by
the Transact routine on the stack, rather than from the heap using malloc()
or other heap-allocation function."

Continue with existing text:
"When the called Transact routine uses VPLUS forms,...."

I'd appreciate it if some helpful HP-ite would pass this on to the
appropriate individual, which is probably James Overman or Walter Murray.
Thanks.

Steve Dirickson   WestWin Consulting
[log in to unmask]   (360) 598-6111