HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 2

From:
Beghein Johan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beghein Johan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 08:19:48 GMT
Hi all,

I just validated anonymous ftp on my Hp 3000.

I created a few posix directories under FTPGUEST/PUB.

The purpose is to have a job, running in an other account, scanning
/FTPGUEST/PUB/directories, copying the files in the account the job is
running in, and purging the files in /FTPGUEST/PUB/directories.

I always get a security violation when I attempt to get a file from
/FTPGUEST/PUB/directories.

I put the access rights to (R,W,A,L,X:ANY) on the account FTPGUEST, and
(R,W,A,L,X,S:ANY) on the group PUB. I also put an ACD (CD,DD,RD,TD,RACD:ANY)
on my posix directories.
With the ALTSEC command, I can change the rights off existing files in this
directories, but all new files created by a put under a ftp client are still
secured.

Can somebody help me ?

Thank You

BEGHEIN Johan