HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 2

From:
Jeffrey Kubler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey Kubler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 10:09:18 PST
Michael,
A good starting place has been an amount of memory for the operating system
(usually 45 to 60 MB), plus 1 to 2 MB per concurrent user, plus 4 to 6 MB
per concurrent job.  Even this would be a minimum starting point as certain
applications require more. Further, I have never heard of anyone being hurt
by having too much memory!
Thanks,
Jeff Kubler
Kubler Consulting