HP3000-L Archives

February 2000, Week 2

From:
Bob Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:54:16 PST8PDT
I'm trying to delete all entries from an Image set via ISQL and am
getting the following error.

isql=> delete from namedb.names;
**** STALLED TRANSACTION: EXCEEDED ACCUMULATED LOG
DATA THRESHOLD
ABORT: ISQL.PUB.SYS
NM SYS   a.00aa1288 dbg_abort_trace+$24
NM PUB   26d.008672f0 m_ma:marspa+$4dc
NM PROG  5e5.0005fc54 PROGRAM+$4344

Info: HP3000-939 MPE 5.5 Express 7
2 log file for the DBE total 30000 pages.
(isql=> checkpoint;
Number of free log blocks is 29922)

Data set is an Image Master(all dependencies have been deleted
and I can successfully delete all entries from Query)
and has ~2500 360-byte records.

I can delete 1000 rows at a time from ISQL, but get the above error
at about 1200 rows.

Any ideas??

thanks, Bob.

--=--=--
Bob Walker, Computer Centre  --  [log in to unmask]
Capilano College, North Vancouver, BC, CANADA.
------
'No one is listening until you make a mistake.'